Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Memo to GOP: White Devils Trump Your Race Cards

So I called my parents last night before bed -- about an hour after the evening news in the U.S.

"Did you hear about Jeremiah Wright?" I said.

"Did you hear about the plot against Obama?" my mom said. "The Klan is out to get him. There's something about the numbers 88 and 44 . . ."

And so it goes. This is not unexpected, as Alma Powell could have told you. Not even the first time. It always amazes me that white people don't realize how racism works. Or that they forget. But then I've studied on it, and sometimes I forget how much they forget. So we're all crackers like that, I suppose.

But, man -- how much does it suck for the Republicans to tear up the last lighting fixtures and doorknobs, throw those suckers at Obama, and then be upstaged by actual white devils mere hours later?

And all of it upstaged, of course, by that Last Frontier devil, Ted Stevens. With whom McCain has been known to pal around . . .

Memo to GOP: white devils trump your race cards. And there are actual white devils in America, and an actual KKK. These are not figments of Rev. Wright's imagination.

And a shout-out to white devils across the land: thanks for being the batshit crazy crackers you are. Sometimes white folk need a reality check. And you provided that in spades.

Now we just need the inevitable press release from the Klan, disavowing these crackers and their tactics. 'Cause the Klan claims Obama is driving up membership. Why, it's almost as if they have visions of a U. S. of KKK-A.!

No comments: