Friday, December 07, 2007

On Second Thought

I really do want to see Women of Troy. However, in the email the National Theatre just sent me, it includes the runtime: 80 minutes.

That's right. So at £39.50 for the best seats (which I always go for), that is nearly 50p per minute of showtime.

I shouldn't be making such a big deal about this. I'm just paranoid because Therese Raquin -- the last vaguely feminist production by a female director I saw at the National -- sucked hard. And not in a good way. Although this is Katie Mitchell.

I'm hoping it'll be more like my last show at the National, the phenomenal, gorgeously designed, massively cast (with like 25 actors) and mind-blowing Philistines. However, when I dropped 40 quid on Philistines, I couldn't have got a cheaper seat anyway. And Philistines was like 3 hours long. And worth every second, and every penny.

I think I may go for the £10 tickets if they're still about. Even if it's not till February. Then I'll have to finagle a friend to go along. Hey, it's only 80 minutes. And ya can't beat the front row.

No comments: