Sunday, November 04, 2007

Where Can I Put That J?

So I have a new addiction: playing Scrabulous.

If you're on Facebook, you know what I mean. If not, you should get on Facebook as everyone's on it these days. And add the app. Basically, it's Scrabble but in a "fabulous" web-based app (and thus named to avoid copyright infringement issues).

I have been a fierce player, thanks to my immense vocabulary and strategic board analysis. I try to play a bonus square on every turn. And I love forming multiple words.

Also, turns out if you play all your tiles on a single turn, you get a 50-point bonus. Brilliant!

So far, I am 9-1. Nick is the only one to beat me so far. And he's about to do it again, dammit.

If you want a fun variation: play the 4-letter game. All you do is agree with your fellow player(s) to limit yourself to 4-letter words. Only exception is that you may add tiles to an existing tile or word to create words up to 5 letters long. Lasts longer, and creates interesting shapes on the board!

My record score so far is 468. I played all my tiles three different times in that game. We'll see if I can break 500!

No comments: