Thursday, December 06, 2007

What Else?

If you're really curious I have my eye on Doubt at the Tricycle Theatre -- I've never seen it in production, and it is one of the most solid American plays in the last five years or so. Although the Tricycle is in Northwest London which is a complete pain in the ass to get to from here. Maybe I can sort out a double-bill on Saturday.

As for the cinema . . . various options. Best thing is to see something I won't easily see in Ohio. Best candidate there is Silent Light, the German film about a Mennonite community in Mexico where a moment of passion leads to tragedy. It sounds right up my alley. And if I want something a bit livelier (especially if Women of Troy is as far-out there as it might be) then I can still check out All About Eve which continues its glorious re-release at the Curzon Mayfair, which happens to be my favorite cinema right now. Hopefully it will still be playing downstairs. The downstairs cinema is gigantic and roomy and looks like something out of the Jetsons. Totally brilliant.

No comments: