Saturday, October 27, 2007

So Very English

So I have one of those horribly English colds. I have been coughing for a couple weeks now. It would have cleared itself up sooner, only I have an earwax build-up problem in my right ear, so my eustachian tube cannot clear itself properly.

Or at least it couldn't, until the last day or so, as now I am hacking up loads of gross stuff. But I am getting better. So that's good.

Thus I've decided to try and stay in as much as possible this weekend. Need to get a few more provisions. Time for another cup of tea.

And tonight, I'm looking forward to watching The X-Factor which is followed on ITV1 by Vernon Kaye's All-Star Family Fortunes, which is basically Celebrity Family Feud, only with British celebrities (i.e. people you've never seen or heard of) and questions like "Name a food that often comes with chips."

And there may be yet another game of Scrabulous on Facebook -- Nick, are you out there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And British "celebrities" that even British people don't know, unless one watches a lot of reality TV and remembers the losers.

BT said...

Actually wasn't Brian Dowling a winner? And hey, do you remember the day I arrived in London, we got off the tube at Oxford Circus and you said we'd seen someone 'famous' -- wasn't it him? Or perhaps someone else from Big Brother.

I had forgotten how awfully scripted and inflexible Vernon Kaye can be. I lasted all of 5 minutes.