Saturday, January 06, 2007

Keeping Up

So I am going to see show number 3 for the week tonight (Saturday): Therese Raquin, again at the National, again at the Lyttleton. I'll try not to set my expectations too high, they weren't too high for Caroline or Children of Men. And we'll see what happens, and I'll write about it here.

That was why I set this blog up in the first place after all, to talk about what I'm seeing, doing, experiencing in London. And seeing such shows (and films) was a big incentive for moving here in the first place.

Probably won't always go on as long as I did on Caroline -- that show is a rare gem, and had such a powerful impact on me -- up there with Katie Mitchell's Uncle Vanya at the Young Vic from 1998. (And you know it's serious if I mention it in the same breath as Vanya).

That aside sounded really pretentious, didn't it? I will have to explain about Vanya at some point, and all will be clear (and perhaps not quite as pretentious).

No comments: